Thursday, March 27, 2008

A New (old) Dish

A while back I made rabbit chassuer. Well, it's really good (maybe even a little better) with chicken leg & thigh.


One thing that's really good is dredging the protein in flour. When I do this, I like to season the flour with salt and white pepper (you can use black pepper too).

After you add the seasonings, taste the flour. It's really important to know what your product is going to taste like. Yes, flour is hard to eat, but just a little fingertip full is all you need to taste. If you can taste the salt and pepper, that's good.





Also, I got some new dishes for my birthday from my mom and sister.

Here's the straight-sided saute pan. It's a heavy, thick stainless steel, it's really great. I can start it on the stove, and throw the whole thing in the oven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.